Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Does This Sound Like a Distraught & Traumatized Person to You?

Paris Hilton issued the following statement through attorney Richard Hutton on May 10:
"After reading the media's coverage of my court hearing, I feel the need to correct what I believe are misperceptions about me. I absolutely realize how serious driving under the influence is. I could not live with myself if anyone was injured or killed while I was driving while impaired. Clearly, no one should -- no matter how slightly.
I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation.
No one is above the law. I surely am not. I do not expect to be treated better than anyone else who violated probation. However, my hope is that I will not be treated worse."
Sounds very mature and sincere, doesn't it? Doesn't sound like someone traumatized and unable to function. Except, the new story on her other pending legal trouble is:
Paris Hilton is too "emotionally distraught and traumatised" by her impending 45-day jail sentence to testify in a court case, according to her psychiatrist.
Dr Charles Sophy has spoken several times to the 26-year-old socialite since her recent hearing for violating her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.
So which is it? Is she mature and accepting or distraught and traumatized.
Of course the truth is that her lawyer's established both of these positions. Let's hope that her judge on the civil matter reads the paper. I'm sure she would want this because, "I do not expect to betreated better than anyone else."

No comments: