- No, the Downs baby (Trig) isn't Bristol's kid, and no, the kid wasn't born with Downs because (a) Palin flew on an airplane (b) went home to have the baby after an amniotic leak (c) because he was the result of incest between Todd Palin and Bristol.
- No, Track (the kid who is leaving for Iraq) didn't join the NG because he was a drug addict. He may have joined the NG because he was tired of people saying his Mom was getting him into the good hockey leagues. (Yes, that one was original reporting. I've got sources in Wasilla.)
- No, Willow and Piper aren't named for witches on TV. Among other things, Willow was born before Buffy came on TV, and Piper was born before Charmed.
- Yes, Trig's name may be misspelled. Isn't it usually "Tryg" as in "Trygve"? In any case, I doubt he's named for the Secretary General of the UN (1948-1952), either. But at least that was before he was born, unlike the others.(Thanks to Chris, via his blog
- No, she's never been in any porn as far as anyone can find (and God knows I get enough google hits on those very topics.) I would think the Big Dipper tattoo would be a giveaway.
- No, no one seems to be able to even find swimsuit pictures of her from her beauty queen days; God knows I looked. The bikini pictures that are around are photoshopped, just like the Vogue cover I have up.
- No she wasn't a member of the (wild-eyed libertarian) Alaska independence Party, although her husband once was
- No, neither the (Canadian) National Post, nor Marc Armbinder at the Atlantic have troubled themselves to issue a correction. Yes, the New York Times did finally correct their story of September 1 - on September 5. And on page 14. This was after Elizabeth Bumiller was quoted by Howard Kurtz as saying she was "completely confident about the story." Yes, that was after the New York Times's source retracted the story. Yes, this should embarrass the Times, Bumiller, and Howard Kurtz. No, there have been no signs of embarrassment.
- No, she was never a Pat Buchanan supporter; even when Buchanan claims she was, she was on the board of Steve Forbes'a campaign in Alaska. Yes, Palin was a Steve Forbes supporter in 2000.
- No, she's not anti-semitic. In fact, she has an Israeli flag in her office. (Contrary to popular belief, the usual Evangelical thinks Israel has a right to exist, granted by God.)
- No, I don't think she's being "indoctrinated by Lieberman and AIPAC as we speak"; I don't get the feeling that being indoctrinated is something that Palin does well.
Monday, September 08, 2008
11 No's About Sarah Palin