Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Reid: Breaking news - Calgary NE MP Art Hanger won't run for re-election

I don't really have any details on this other than Art is announcing today that he won't run for re-election. I'll update once I get more details.

Update:

The press conference has recently been concluded. Art Hanger, 64, has been the MP for Calgary NE since 1993. First elected as a Reform, then a Canadian Alliance, and finally as a CPC member in the 2004 election. No specific reason has been given, but after 14 years as an MP I can understand why he'd want a rest.

Art has served his constituents well over these past 14 years. As an ex cop I think he brought a perspective to the Parliament regarding crime and justice issues that really hadn't been represented before by the multitude of lawyers who became MPs.

No comments: